> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, August 9, 2010

Pets On Quilts Show: Lynda's CatCat















This entry to the Pets on Quilts Show has been submitted via Facebook from Lynda Halliger Otvos.  Here is Lynda's insight on her entry:

This small quilt with the backing wrapped to the front and bound by machine is my first patchwork quilt and CatCat firmly believes it to be hers. In this picture they rest atop a small dresser; mostly she and the quilt lie on my desk where I spend all my not-sleeping or sewing time.

CatCat chose us shortly after we moved into our current, and hopefully last, home eight years ago. She had been born in the house across the yard and quickly decided that the kitty litter was cleaner on this side of the walkway! Although she will not sit on my, or anyone else's, lap she rests on my hip throughout the night not complaining when I have to roll over.

She re-ignited aspects of my husband's and my personalities that enable us again to care for little ones in our home: calm, accepting, nurturing tendencies that help us navigate the uncertainties of this economy, temper an empty nest syndrome, and keep us physically limber-these young ladies grow close to the floor.

CatCat and quilting have both enriched my life as retirement approaches for me and settles on my best friend and life partner.
 
For more insight on this show click here.

20 comments:

Barb said...

That was a sweet entry...

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Adorable picture and story!

Diane H said...

Thankyou Lynda, may CatCat continue to enrich your life and your retirement be filled with creative quilting.

Needled Mom said...

Cute! That kitty looks pretty comfortable on that quilt.

Cindy said...

Catcat looks quite content curled up on her blankee.

Cynthia Stockdon said...

Clearly Catcat loves her quilt!

Phiddy said...

Nice to see someone else blogging in cyberspace. So why don't you keep it up. Stop reading so many and start writing one. You have the gift of gab.... make it the gift of sharing in typed form.
Love you, OO and CatCat.
Phyllis

Nanbon44 said...

she looks comfy on the quilt

hetty said...

Cute story! CatCat picked the perfect home!

Unknown said...

I agree with Phyllis Lynda, you are the queen when it comes to reading these blogs and yet you could probably write the best one of all. Looking forward to retiring with you and CatCat.

Nina Marie said...

Cute Kitty!! Makes me want to snuggle up for a nap!

SheilaC said...

oops! Cat Cat might need a bigger quilt :)

Thank you for sharing your quilt!

SheilaC

Dana Gaffney said...

You said it all. Animals seem to bring out the best in us. Catcat is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy Sue said...

Great story, I believe that our pets choose US too :)
nsue21702 at gmail dot com

Kim said...

Such a sweet kitty. She looks like she totally claimed that quilt she's laying on.

Nancy Sue said...

I had to look twice at this picture. She IS over the edge on this dresser. But she is so calm, she doesn't seem to mind. Me? I'd roll over and be on the floor in a sore heartbeat! Beautiful cat and quilt. Thank you for sharing!
nsue21702 at gmail dot com

QuiltSue said...

Very sweet, a lovely photo, thanks.

Talin's Corner said...

Okay so I would say that the your quilt is beautiful, but I can't see any of it. However, your friend is beautiful. It is very rewarding to care for others. I am so used to having a full household, I do not know what life will be like without it.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

CatCat is lovely, your quilt has been completely taken over! Bless our little pets heh? Congrats on being close to retirment! More time for sewing sounds great to me!

Janet said...

The quilt looks like it was made for her. No wonder she adopted you! Thanks for your nice story.