> ~ Insights by SewCalGal ~

Monday, March 12, 2012

Vote for your favorite Nominees for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards



Today, I am honored to announce the nominees for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards.  These quilters were recognized by their peers, from around the world, who took time to submit nominations as they felt these particular quilters deserved to be recognized for their contributions to our wonderful world of Quilting.

Voting for your favorite Nominees for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards is accepted here thru March 31st. I hope you will take time to vote, as this is your opportunity to help recognize those that have made our world of quilting so wonderful. Please be sure to follow all the rules, that are listed at the bottom of this post, for your vote to count. 

Sponsors of the 2012 Golden Quilters Awards

THE FAT QUARTER SHOP THE QUILTED KITTY CRAFTSY

ZOOMERANG CT PUBLISHING FABRICWORM

  PHOTO FOUR CV QUILT WORKS I HAVE A NOTION




Congratulations to all of the nominees for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards. You were recognized by fellow quilters, from throughout the world, for your contributions in making our world of quilting so wonderful. We hope you understand how much you are all truly appreciated.

You have been recognized for your contributions in making our world of quilting so wonderful, having been nominated by quilters throughout the world for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards. Like the Oscars, we hope you are honored to be nominated as you are truly appreciated for your talents and contributions. 


1) Best Designer
Allie Alller, (Allie's in Stitches)
Paula Barnes, Bonnie Blue Quilts
Jinny Beyer
BlackBird Designs
Lisa Bongean Primitive Gatherings,
Joanna Figuora, Fig Tree Quilts
Susan Garman
Sandi Gervais, Pieces from my Heart
Julie Herman, of Jaybird Quilts
Aneela Hoey of Comfortstitching 
Bonnie K. Hunter,Quiltville
Linda Franz, Inklingo
Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
Sandra Leichner
Gloria Loughman
Patrick Lose
Judi Madsen (Green Fairy Quilts)
Jenean Morrison (Freespirit Fabrics)
Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie Quilts
Angie Padilla (Angie's Bits & Pieces)
Pearl P Pereira, P3 Designs
Erin Russek
Pat Sloan
Sweetwater
Thimble Creek Quilt Shop
Anne Wiens, Sweetgrass Creative Designs
Pat Wys,Silver Thimble
Edyta Sitar, Laundry Basket Quilts
Sarah Vedeler 


2) Best Teacher/Instructor
sharon boggan
Paula Barnes, Bonnie Blue Quilts
Elizabeth Barton
Barbara Brackman
Eleanor Burns, Quilt in a Day
Mary Buvia, Shiisa Quilts
Roxanne Carter,
Leah Day
Carol Doak
Jenny Doan, of The Missouri Star Quilt Company
Amy Ellis, Amy's Creative Side
Ann Fahl
Linda Franz, Inklingo
Diane Gaudynski
Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville
Susan Brubaker Knapp of Blue Moon River
Jan Krentz
Frances Moore
Sue Nickels
Elly Sienkiewicz, Applique with Elly
Pat Sloan
Ricky Tims
Patsy Thompson
Sarah Vedeler
Laura Wasilowski
Anne Wiens, Sweetgrass Creative Designs
Judy Woodworth
Pat Wys of Silver Thimble Club


3) Best Author
Karla Alexander, Saginaw Street Quilt Company
Alex Anderson
Susan Abrey
Jinny Beyer
Barb Adams and Alma Allen, BlackBird Designs
Barbara Brackman
Eleanor Burns, of Quilt In A Day
Jennifer Chiaverini
Susan Cousineau
Kim Diehl
Carol Doak
Amy Ellis, Amy's Creative Side
Ann Fahl
Diane Gaudynski
Brian Haggard
Elizabeth Hartman
Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville
Lynn Jensen (Thimbleberries)
Jan Krentz
Judy Laquidara, Patchwork Times
Mickey Lawler
Pam and Nicky Lintott
Patrick Lose
Cheryl Lynch
Kay Mackenzie
Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie Quilts
Elly Sienkiewicz, Applique with Elly
Amy Simms
Pat Sloan
Anne Wiens, Sweetgrass Creative Designs
Joen Wolfrom
Pat Wys
Blanche Young


4) Best Quilt Store (Physical)
A Quilted Heart in Vacaville, Ca
Bits 'n Pieces Quilt and Fabric Shoppe, Pelham,NH
The City Quilter, New York,NY
The Country Loft ,,LaMesa ,CA
Cozy Quilt Shop, El Cajon, CA
Eddies Quilting Bee, Sunnyvale, CA
Fat Quarter Quilt Shop, Vista, CA
Front Porch Quilt Shoppe, Ozark,AL
Glacier Quilts of Kalispell, Montana
Going Batty, Reno, NV
Greenbaum's Quilted Forest, Salem,Oregon
Gruber's Quilt Shop, Waite Park,MN
Homestead Hearth, Mexico, Missouri
In Between Stitches, Livermore,California
Island Quilter, Vashon Island,WA
Kathy's Quilt Shop,,Prince George,BC
Little Quilts, Marietta, GA
Lone Star House of Quilt, Arlington,TX
Mary Jo's in Gastonia NC
Memories by the Yard, San Antonio,TX
Mill House Quilts, Waunakee, Wisconsin
More Sew For You, Omaha,NE
People Places and Quilts, Summerville SC and Charleston SC
Quilters Cupboard, Uxbridge,Ontario
The Quilt Gallery, Kalispell,Montana
Quilt 'n Sew Studio, Katy,TX
Quilts Ole,,Corrales,NM
Rosies Calico Cupboard, San Diego, CA
Sew Bee It, Ringgold ,GA
Sew n Sew,, Summerville,SC
Sew Sisters,,Toronto,Ontario Canada
Shiisa Quilts, Bloomington,Indiana
The Quilted Kitty, Lincoln, Nebraska



5) Best Quilt Store (online)
Batiks Plus
Bonnie Blue Quilts
Canton Village Quilt Works
Connecting Threads
DayStyle Designs
eQuilter
Fabric.com
FabricWorm
FabricsnQuilts
Fat Quarter Shop
Green Fairy Quilts
Hawthorne Threads
I Have a Notion
The Intrepid Thread
Missouri Star Quilt Company
Old Country Store Fabrics
Quilt In A Day
Sew Fun Quilts
Shabby Fabrics
Stitch N Frame
Stitch in the Ditch in Canada
Sweetwater
The Quilted Kitty
Webfabrics



6) Best Long Arm Quilter
Natalia Bonner, Piece N Quilt
Carol Detloff Rocking Chair Quilts
Margaret Solomon Gunn
Renae Haddadin
Judi Madsen - Green Fairy Quilts
Karen McTavish
Sheri Mecom (Leave It To Me Quilting)
Jenny Pedigo
Angela Walters/Quilting is My Therapy


7) Most Innovative product (physical item)
AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutter
AccuQuilt Go! Baby
fine line chalk marker (Bohin)
Bamboo Tablet, by Wacom
Beam N Read Light,ASF Lightware Solutions
Bloc Loc Rulers,USAUS LLC
Charlottes Fusible Web,Superior Threads
Cutting Corners Ruler set, by Sharyn Craig
Easy Angle Ruler by Sharon Hultgren,Wright
Lazy Angle Ruler,Lazy Girl Designs
Lil' Twister Pinwheel Ruler,Country Schoolhouse #LTW5
Machingers Gloves, by Quilters Touch
Olfa Rotary cutter,Olfa
quick curve ruler
Quilt In a Day Flying Geese ruler,Quilt in a Day
Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star tool,Deb Tucker, Studio 180 designs
Sizzix
Set in Triangle ruler, by Quilt in a Day
SewSlip
Spoonflower
Supreme Slider
Westalee Adjustable Rulers, Wonder Clips,clover


8) Most Innovative product (software item)
Bernina Cutwork tool & software
Electric Quilt 7 (EQ7)
Inklingo, by Linda Franz
Kaleidoscope Kreator
Pro-Q Designer
Quilt Design Wizard
Quilt Album Software
Quilt Magician
Quilt Maker Quilting Designs

9) Best Quilt Book Publisher
AQS/American Quilters Society
C&T Publishing
Dragon Threads
Krause Publications
Martingale & Company, home of That Patchwork Place

10) Most influential person in the world of quilting to-date, aka "Lifetime Achievement"
Alex Anderson
Jinny Beyer
Barbara Brackman
Karey Bresenhan (IQF, Quilts., Inc.)
Eleanor Burns, Quilt in a Day
Nancy Crow
Leah Day
Jenny Doan
Fons & Porter team, Marianne Fons and Liz Porter
Carol Breyer Fallert
Linda Franz,
Diane Gaudynski
Harriet Hargrave
Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville
Bonnie Lehman
Nancy J. Martin
Ricky Tims



Voting is now open  for WW quilters to vote for their favorites nominees in each category, thru March 31st.  On Monday, April 2nd SewCalGal will announce the ultimate winners of the 2012 Golden Quilters Awards.  Like the Oscars, this will be celebrated with a party, where sponsored prizes will be given to PR Angels, those that took time to nominate, and those that took time to vote.  Winners of sponsored prizes will be announced on Tuesday, April 3rd.





Rules for submitting approved votes:
1) The judges reserve the right to toss any vote that doesn't follow the rules. 
2) Only one vote can be submitted per person.    
3) Votes for only one of the nominees, for any/all of the ten categories.
4) Use the link above to submit your vote, via the Zoomerang survey tool.

For PR Angels, your help to increase awareness that voting is now open is appreciated.  If you take time to create a blog post about this event and/or post the badge, please leave a comment on this post to let me know what you did to help with PR.  PR Angels that helped with PR for nominations should also leave a comment on the post for nominations.  If you are a PR Angel that has helped in other ways, please leave a comment here to let me know how you have helped.  This event wouldn't work, without your help and you are truly appreciated.

If you have any questions, email SewCalGal.

As SewCalGal is hosting this event, she is unable to nominate or vote!  So, please don't overlook the fact that  your vote matters! 




SewCalGal will not be able to reply to all vote comments, due to the behind the scenes work that is required to coordinate this activity. But if you have a valid question, that you do not find answered on the main page for this event, please email me.

Thank you to our wonderful sponsors, to the PR Angels that have taken time to help with PR for this event, and to all of you that took time to nominate those that you view are deserving to be nominated for the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards! Ultimately, this is all about the quilters that deserve recognition for all they have done to make our world of quilting so wonderful. And, SewCalGal couldn't host the Golden Quilter Awards without your help!



Lastly, don't forget  the main page for these Awards will be updated throughout the show, always containing links to appropriate information: http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/p/golden-quilter-awards.html

47 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Hi! I have just voted for my favourites and also did a post on my blog to spread the word. I am very excited to see crazy quilters represented!

merrilyIsew said...

What a great idea! I just voted for my favorites and also posted a link on my facebook page and on Quilting in Indiana Yahoo group.

Mona Beck said...

I posted a link on Carol Doak's Yahoo Group this morning.

Snoodles said...

I just voted, and I posted today alerting quilters to come and vote. I'm posting on my OleFrogEyes design wall Facebook page, too.

teachpany said...

I blogged and shared on Facebook to vote!
Congratulations to all the nominees. Good luck!

Nanbon44 said...

my vote is in, thanks for another great event, looks like some great people are up for awards.

Nanbon44 said...

forgot to mention that I posted on my blog about voting and the link. Nanbon44.blogspot.com

Jocelyn said...

I wrote a post today to encourage everyone to vote.

http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/2012/03/golden-quilter-awards.html

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Ich blogged about the award.http://iliketoquiltblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/wasserpatchwork.html
goodt luck to the nominees, hard to choise.
Liebe Grüße
Bente - Germany

stichnRN said...

i shared on facebook. i forgot to nominate anyone. :(

Stevii said...

Thanks Sew-Cal for doing this.

Janet Mease, Shiisa Quilts said...

Just posted it on our homepage www.shiisaquilts.com will blog about it later this week! and i shared it on FB...

Thanks, Darlene... you are amazing!

What Comes Next? said...

I've just put a post up on my blog to encourage folks to vote

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Darlene -
I shared a post with links to the nominations and a little about your Awards! I have your button in my sidebar with the link to your blog. I tweeted it then and tweeting it now again to encourage the voting!
Have a great day!
Marcia

Annemart Berendse said...

Hi Darlene, posted on Twitter and Facebook. Hope the votes come in with ship loads!;-)
Have fun quilting!

Claudia said...

I will share a post on my blog and on facebook!

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Thanks for putting this show together. Great list of nominees this year. I did a quick post to send some more voters over here http://www.sewjoycreations.com/2012/03/time-to-vote-for-golden-quilter-awards.html

Kimberlee said...

Love this idea, and posted to help spread the word. http://thespunkydiva.net/2012-golden-quilters-awards-voting-now-open/
~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva
SpunkyDiva at live.com

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

How fun! I'm honored. Heading out now to pick out my evening gown and jewels for the awards ceremony! I just posted on my blog about the awards, and will hit Facebook and Twitter next. Thanks, SewCalGal... and whomever nominated me!

My post is here: http://wwwbluemoonriver.blogspot.com/2012/03/im-golden-quilter-nominee.html

Jennifer D said...

I have cast my vote and posted about this on my blog. What a great things to be apart of!

Beth said...

So many worthwhile nominees. Thanks for doing this, and giving us a chance to express our appreciation to people who make our quilting lives richer.

Linda said...

I just voted for all of my favorites and am sharing a post on my blog. Thanks for doing this!!

Dana Gaffney said...

Voted and blogged. Thanks for doing this, I can't even imagine how you're keeping up, should I send vitamins?

Brenda said...

I voted and shared the link. What a wonderful way to let the quilter's, and stores know that we love them!

Marilyn said...

I just voted......what a wonderful way to let these quilters know that we really do appreciate all they do for us.

K8 said...

I just voted, then posted the link on my blogger page, then posted a link on fb. Life is good! K8Quilts

Marcia W. said...

Thank you for all the work that you have done to put this poll together, checking comments, posts, getting prizes, etc. I just voted my opinion.

Carole Kurth said...

this is great! I've FB you, signed up as a follower, added your button to my blog, and written a column about the Event. What fun! Thank you.

Deb said...

That was fun! I follow your blog and just voted. Thank you for all the behind the scenes work that no one sees.

Patty said...

Darlene, thanks for hosting this again. It was fun to cast my vote - but difficult to choose in some of those categories! I posted the button on my blog and posted today about voting. I'll post again later this month.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Fui,VI,VOTEI,E vamos ganhar.Obrigada e Beijos.

andsewon said...

I went and voted! Also posted a post on my blog today! Thanks Darlene for doing such a wonderful job on this! You host some wonderful events! You need an award too!!! A long time follower!
Hugs,
Lola

laquaqltr said...

I did vote but I was surprised not to see Marie Bostwick on the author's list perhaps not as widely known as Jennifer Chiaverini, but she also writes about a group of quilters. Her Series is known as the cobble court quilts. A Thread of Truth, a Thread so Thin, a Single Thread.

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

Getting the word out on my post linked up at Freshly Pieced today. http://kissedquilts.blogspot.com/2012/03/wip_21.html Great effort in putting this all together and keeping us informed of fun stuff happening in the online quilting world. Thank you!!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I put a button on my blog and put up a blog post, as well as edited my WIP Wednesday post (link up at Freshly Pieced) to include a link.
http://harriethomemakerstrikesagain.blogspot.com/2012/03/go-vote-for-your-favorites-in-2012.html

Homespun Whimsy said...

Hello!
I was given your link and love your site! I just started my own pattern business and wanted to share my link. I've been sewing for about 45 years and just love it!
~Lori
Homespun Whimsy
http://homespunwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I shared on Facebook and Twitter. Going to go vote now!

Jodi - usairdoll said...

I do not have a blog, however I posted on my FB page and I tweeted twice today. (@usairdoll)

Thank you for all your hard putting this together and for helping to recognize all the wonderful people in the quilting community.

hueisei said...

I voted and tweet about this news!! :)

Jan Krentz said...

I posted a link on my blog, and thank you for hosting the Golden Quilter award!

Susan said...

I just voted. Wow! What hard decisions. So many talented people to chose from. I will be posting a link on my blog: www.sewmanythingstosay.blogspot.com

Joanna said...

I cast my votes. It is difficult to choose just one in each category because there are so many talented influential people in the quilt world. Best of luck to everyone.

Joanna said...

http://needlethreadhappiness.blogspot.com/2012/03/sewcalgal-opened-voting-for-gqa.html

I blogged about the opening of voting. I hope the link above works to make it easy for you to check. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Hi SewCalGal I just wanted you to know that I have voted and posted a link on my blog with a note that Saturday was the last day to vote.....and I also wanted to tell you how much you are appreciated for taking the time to help us quilters grow and learn all that we can be....you put time and effort into everything you do and I for one appreciate it...take care and let the voting begin......it has been fun being a PR angel whenever I can help please let me know....
http://sharon-dancingthruthreads.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I have many books by Eleanor and have found them inspiring. The quilts are beautiful and the instructions are so clear they ensure success in making the quilt. What a talent!

Sandy said...

Such a hard decision....

Angie in SoCal said...

I just voted and will spread the word on my twitter account.